Respecting your privacy
This Policy also includes our credit reporting policy, that is, it covers additional information on how we manage your personal information collected in connection with a credit application, or a credit facility. We refer to this credit-related information below as credit information.
How we use your personal information
What are the main reasons we collect, hold and use your information?
Collecting your personal information allows us to provide you with the products and services you’ve asked for. This means we can use your information to:
- give you credit assistance;
- give you information about loan products or related services including help, guidance and advice;
- consider whether you are eligible for a loan or lease or any related service you requested including identifying or verifying you or your authority to act on behalf of a customer;
- assist you to prepare an application for a lease or a loan;
- administer services we provide, for example, to answer requests or deal with complaints; and
- administer payments we receive, or any payments we make, relating to your loan or lease.
Can we use your information for marketing our products and services?
We may use or disclose your personal information to let you know about other products or services we or a third party make available and that may be of interest to you. We will always let you know that you can opt out from receiving marketing offers.
With your consent, we may disclose your personal information to third parties for the purpose of connecting you with other businesses or customers. You can ask us not to do this at any time. We won’t sell your personal information to any organisation.
Yes, You Can Opt-Out
You can let us know at any time if you no longer wish to receive direct marketing offers from us. We will process your request as soon as practicable.
What are the other ways we use your information?
We’ve just told you some of the main reasons why we collect your information, so here’s some more insight into the ways we use your personal information including:
- telling you about other products or services we make available and that may be of interest to you, unless you tell us not to;
- identifying opportunities to improve our service to you and improving our service to you;
- allowing us to run our business efficiently and perform general administrative tasks;
- preventing any fraud or crime or any suspected fraud or crime;
- as required by law, regulation or codes binding us; and
- any purpose to which you have consented.
How do you access your personal information?
How you can generally access your information
We‘ll always give you access to your personal information unless there are certain legal reasons why we can’t. You can ask us in writing to access your personal information that we hold. In some cases we may be able to deal with your request over the phone.
We will give you access to your information in the form you want it where it’s reasonable and practical. We may charge you a small fee to cover our costs when giving you access, but we’ll always check with you first.
We’re not always required to give you access to your personal information. Some of the situations where we don’t have to give you access include when:
- we believe there is a threat to life or public safety;
- there is an unreasonable impact on other individuals;
- the request is frivolous;
- the information wouldn’t be ordinarily accessible because of legal proceedings;
- it would prejudice negotiations with you;
- it would be unlawful;
- it would jeopardise taking action against serious misconduct by you;
- it would be likely to harm the activities of an enforcement body (e.g. the police); or
- it would harm the confidentiality of our commercial information.
If we can’t provide your information in the way you’ve requested, we will tell you why in writing. If you have concerns, you can complain. See ‘Contact Us’.
How do you make a complaint?
How do you generally make a complaint?
If you have a complaint about how we handle your personal information, we want to hear from you. You are always welcome to contact us.
You can contact us by using the details below
Darren Steele 0487 800 900
We are committed to resolving your complaint and doing the right thing by our customers. Most complaints are resolved quickly, and you should hear from us within five business days.
Need more help?
If you still feel your issue hasn't been resolved to your satisfaction, then you can raise your concern with the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner:
- Online: www.oaic.gov.au/privacy
- Phone: 1300 363 992
- Email: [email protected]
- Fax: +61 2 9284 9666
- Mail: GPO Box 5218 Sydney NSW 2001 or GPO Box 2999 Canberra ACT 2601
What additional things do we have to do to manage your complaints about credit information?
If your complaint relates to how we handled your access and correction requests
You may take your complaint directly to our external dispute resolution scheme or the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner. You are not required to let us try to fix it first.
For all other complaints relating to credit information
If you make a complaint about things (other than an access request or correction request) in relation to your credit information, we will let you know how we will deal with it within seven days.
Ask for more time if we can’t fix things in 30 days
If we can’t fix things within 30 days, we’ll let you know why and how long we think it will take. We will also ask you for an extension of time to fix the matter. If you have any concerns, you may complain to our external dispute resolution scheme or the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner.
Letting you know about our decision
We’ll let you know about our decision within 30 days or any longer agreed time frame. If you have any concerns, you may complain to our external dispute resolution scheme or the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner.
This Policy may change. We will let you know of any changes to this Policy by posting a notification on our website, correspondence via post or e-mail or you may contact us for a copy of the most up to date policy at any time.